Thursday, November 24, 2011

Angels and Bears



I have been busy working on an Angel I started awhile back. I had left it to start another as my eyes had become so accustomed to the image that I could not see what I needed to do next.  It is now complete and will be heading to a gallery for Christmas.  I will post more about that at a later date.



I also went into town early one morning and queued for two hours to see the Leonardo da Vinci exibition at the National Gallery.  It was so busy that you had to also wait once inside for people to move away from the paintings so you could get close.  You need to get close to see all the detail and wonder how he did it.  I think he must have had very tiny hands or a very strong magnifying glass as there is so much seamless detail.  There were many pieces that I liked including Drawing of the Head of a Bear that was only 7cm x 7cm but perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment